Friday, August 19, 2011

Gluten-free Lasagna

Hello,

It was time to harvest my little heirloom tomatoes...




So... I took out my trusty tomato knife and made gluten-free lasagna.
I never really follow a recipe- it changes depending on the season and what I am in the mood for.

The tomatoes were sauted with garlic, onions in EVOO, then fresh chopped basil and oregano were added.
I cooked and rinsed about 1/3 lb. of hot bulk pork sausage, then added fennel seeds.

This was stirred into the tomatoes.


To 16 ounces of low-fat ricotta I added one egg, and about 5 ounces of fresh cooked and chopped spinach.


I boiled my gluten-free lasagna noodles.


Lastly, I layered the sauce, noodles, and cheese.  Besides the ricotta, the cheeses I used were mozzerella "pearls" and parmesan.


The lasagna was covered and baked for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
The cover was removed then baked for 10 more minutes to brown the cheese.  This is a lighter version of lasagna as the tomato sauce is not a heavy marinara.



Serve with gluten-free toasted garlic bread, a salad,
 and pour a glass of cab sav.

Donna








No comments:

Post a Comment