Thursday, August 4, 2011

Come Touring With Me...

Hello,

This is the trail that I bike almost everyday.  It is in the Horicon Marsh, which is the largest cattail marsh in the United States, and a federal wildlife refuge.  Today I brought along my camera.


First, we pass by fields and fields of wild flowers...mostly black-eyed Susans and purple rudbeckia.



Then, we are in the marsh following along side the Main Dike Road.



After peddling about 3 miles or so, we are in the heart of the marsh and you never know what birds you will see-



Today I saw a pelican, a sandhill crane, and a blue heron!
Trifecta!



Lastly, it is time to return to the beginning of the trail...

I always see lots of monarchs- they love Joe Pye Weed!



The marsh is an amazing place to tour on my bike.


              I am so very fortunate to have this in my backyard...
don't you agree?

~Donna~







No comments:

Post a Comment